Monday, March 31, 2014

The Coldest Hour of the Twenty-Four


The Coldest Hour of the Twenty-Four 
Artist  Michael Bedard Art copyrighted ©


       Brigham Young wept when he heard the report of these three young men’s heroic deed of carrying the beleaguered saints across the half frozen water. He declared, “this act alone will ensure their everlasting salvation in the Celestial Kingdom of our God, worlds 
without end.” In what witnesses recorded as “the coldest  hour of the twenty-four,”  David P. Kimball , George W. Grant, and C. Allen Huntington, carried many of the ill-fated Martin company across the Sweetwater River, at Devil’s gate.

This painting like most of my painting was first shot on location. we did this in january several years ago. I had several layers of cloths on to try and keep warm while I shot this seen. I completed the painting in my studio.
The original is sold but museum canvas prints an be purchase at my store in saint george  or on my web store at: Bedardfineart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment